I’ve talked about this a little in previous blog posts, but I have a serious love//hate relationship with water in that just hate drinking it. I’m not really sure why. Growing up I think that water was just so bland and that I would rather have milk or juice instead. Now as a 21-year old, semi-adult, nurse in training, I recognize the benefits of being hydrated. It keeps your skin clear. It keeps your body regular and can help you lose weight. It keeps you alive. Even so, theoretical understanding of why it’s good to be hydrated was easier for me to grasp than the actual implementation of drinking water in my daily life.
That was until I got my Swell Bottle.
For weeks I had friends (aka Lauren Tupper) telling me to get one. “It will keep your water cold all day throughout clinical,” they said. “You will love it,” they said. I just didn’t really get the hype. Being as hydrophobic as I am, I just didn’t feel the need to invest $35 into a water bottle that I’d probably use maybe twice.
They finally wore me down. I blame it on the late night delirium that sets in around 2 AM while RA duty, but regardless, two days later I was the proud owner of a water bottle that has been one of the biggest white-girl trends of 2016/17.
And I freaking love it.
Coming from someone who would drink on average 8 ounces of water every 3 days (no joke), that’s saying something, but let me justify my love to you guys.
Why I love my Swell
- It’s gorgeous.
- I’m obsessed with this color! I got my Swell in the color Sangria and it’s this beautiful purple-y merlot that has just a little bit of sparkle that makes the repressed girly-girly in me happy.
- It is the perfect size.
- I got mine in the 17-ounce bottle and I think it’s perfect for carrying around with you. I debated getting the larger one, but any bigger and I feel like it would be difficult to carry when it’s full. This size is great too because I don’t get discouraged when I’m drinking it. I think if I got the bigger size, I’d be liable to get halfway done with it and get bored that I hadn’t finished it yet. Now I know how weird that logic is, but, like I said, I have very little interest in drinking H2O so I have to kind of psychoanalyze my habits to optimize water drinking.
- I forget I’m drinking water.
- I’m not sure why, but ever since getting the Swell I’ve been reaching for my water and drinking it without even realizing it, whereas before I would go a full day with a filled water bottle and only drink it at then end of the day when I forced myself to. I think part of it might be that I like the sound of the cap untwisting, but I’m too scared to really dive more into my psyche than that for fear that the novelty might wear off.
- I drink 3-4 bottles of water a day now!
- Honestly, this is crazy to me and I’m floored by it, but you guys might just think I’m weird. I did the math tho and buying a Swell literally increased my water intake by 600%!
- It keeps your stuff cold for 24 hours….seriously!
- There is nothing worse than getting into a hot car after a long day and taking a drink of that water bottle you had cooking in the center console all day. It’s hot and just plain nasty. My Swell honestly keeps it like ice cold all day, even in a hot car!
- It keeps you drinks HOT for 12!
- If you are as into drinking tea as I am, then you know how gross lukewarm tea is. If you pour it into your Swell, it seriously keeps it hot throughout the day!
- Finally, you can fit 1/2 bottle of wine in this bad boy!!
- Yes, you did read that right! You can fit 1/2 a bottle of wine in this bottle and just carry it around with you and nobody would know! Picnic in the park? Take some sangria in your swell!
So yes, I did just rant about a water bottle, but when something does this good of a job keeping my hydrated when I’m the least hydrated person on the earth, I just had to share it with you all!
They come in all wonderful colors and sizes, so check it out if you are in the market for a new water bottle!
Thanks for stopping by! Click the Follow button if you want updates about the things I’m digging, new recipes, or any adventures that I may go on! Let me know your thoughts on Swell or if there are any other water bottles that I should get to make me bet a healthy, water drinking, adult!