Since turning 21 over 6 months ago, I really haven’t had the opportunity to experiment with different mixed drink recipes. I really don’t drink all that much, but once I saw this Blood Orange Cocktail recipe from Local Haven I was bound and determined to try it. The colors are so vibrant and with the weather being so nice, I was just totally feeling the brightly colored spring vibes. Plus, I just love a good vodka cranberry, so I figured why not try this blood orange twist?
Sparkling Blood Orange Vodka Cocktail
You will need:
- Any Vodka of choice–I used Skinny Girl Vodka. Fewer calories? Sign me up!
- 4 Blood Oranges (1 left for garnish)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- Sparkling water–I used the Polar Ruby Red Grapefruit Seltzer to keep with the citrus theme!
Let’s do this:
- Simple syrup
- This is literally the easiest recipe in the world. You get one part sugar, one part water, dump it into a saucepan and heat it on medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Stir throughout. Once all the sugar is dissolved, take it off the heat and let it cool! Voila–simple syrup!
- Cut up and juice 3 blood oranges.
- Fill glasses with one part Blood orange juice, one part vodka, and add a splash of simple syrup.
- Plunk in a few ice cubes, fill the rest of the cup with some seltzer water and garnish with an orange wedge!
As always, thanks for stopping by! Click the Follow button if you want updates of more recipes like this one! Let me know if you have any cocktails/mocktails I should try!