For 2017, Ally’s Year of Self-Care, I thought I’d start trying to write down 10 things a week that make me happy. Since doing this, I’ve found that I have a tendance to focus on the bad things that are going on in my life and in the world rather than all the good things. After I started writing down things that make me happy, I’ve found I’m just a happier person in general. I think we all need to focus a little bit more on the good things that are going on in our lives. So I challenge you to do a 10 Happy Things List each week and see how it changes your perspective.
Here is my list for this week!
10 Happy Things
- My dog
- He will always be my #1. No matter what.
- When things get insane, I always turn to music. Right now I’m on a country music kick. If you’re in the mood, check out my Spotify playlist, or just listen to any Kip Moore song. Your day will turn around immediately, I promise.
- My brothers/family
- The best part of my week is getting to talk with my bros. It’s tough knowing that I most likely won’t see them until May at the earliest, so FaceTime is my new favorite activity.
- Moscato, sangria, red, white, sparkling…you name it, I love it.
- The weather
- We’ve had kind of a lame winter. I know I probably just jinxed us into getting dumped on in March, but I was so excited we got some snow this week! The sky has also been exceptionally beautiful lately, which is lovely when you have floor-to-ceiling windows to watch the sunset from your apartment.
- It’s always special when you can just sit down and read for fun. I love curling up with a book, some tea, and fluffy blankets. I mean who doesn’t?
- My friends
- I had a little bit of a rough spell a few weeks ago and my friends were the best support system I could ask for. Whether it be Sushi Land dates or geeking out about Stella and the Blue Moon Gypsies, they know how to boost my mood.
- Honestly, if you told High School Ally that she’d be loving breakfast, she’d roll her eyes, throw the covers over her head, and go back to sleep. But I’ve seen the light, guys. For the last few weeks, I’ve been making avocado toast with sunny side up eggs and it’s been divine!
- Also, I donated blood the other week and for the first time in my life, I didn’t have low iron levels! I’m totally giving credit to the spinach and banana smoothies that I’ve been making almost every day. Plus it’s super easy; 2 bananas, a hefty handful of spinach, and some almond milk is all you need!
- It should be said that I love to sleep. It should also be said that I don’t get enough of it, so when I do get the chance to be a little lazy, I jump at the chance. Nothing beats a lazy Sunday or an afternoon nap!
- Spicy chicken sandwiches
- Ok, so after 7 years of being a vegetarian, I’ve been slowly reintroducing chicken into my diet. It was a little shaky at the beginning, but I think my stomach has finally caught onto the idea that chicken it’s some form of poison. Anyway, that whole long story was about the fact that I’ve been loving spicy chicken sandwiches! Villanova has the best spicy chicken sandwiches!
As always, thank you for reading!