It’s April, which means it’s no surprised that the spring showers (and some spring snow storms) have been making an appearance. Personally, I love the rain, but sometimes it’s easy to get into a funk with all the grey weather. So I’ve made a list of a few things that help me get back to a sunny mood when the weather is dragging me down.
25 Ways to Beat the Rainy Day Blues
- Play some Ben Howard or your favorite soothing artist
- Make some tea or a cosy drink
- Take a nap (my personal favorite)
- Paint. Craft. Doodle. Be creative!
- Clean a room or a part of a room
- Do a quick work out or go for a run in the rain
- Have a picnic inside
- Play some throwback music
- Watch a funny movie
- FaceTime or Skype with someone you haven’t seen in a while
- Read a book
- Listen to the rain with a warm blanket
- Break out those board games and play the storm away
- Write in a journal
- Organize your month, plan ahead and get your life in order
- Catch up on those TV shows you’ve sadly been neglecting for more responsible things
- Dream/Plan a future adventure
- Find a new band or artist (this month my new favorite artist is Jon Bryant! Check him out below)
- Make some cookies and give some away to friends
- Go through old photos or videos you haven’t looked at in a while
- Make a scavenger hunt inside
- Do some online shopping
- Call your mom/dad/sibling/grandparents/friends/call center
- Go dance in the rain
I hope you enjoyed these tips! Hopefully they work for you!
Before you go, I’d thought I’d share one of my favorite songs at the moment for rainy moods. Check it out! You won’t be disappointed! (Although the music video is a little bit strange but, hey! That’s art, right?)
Also, I had to add this James Bay song too, because this man can sing. Plus he’s from England and I’m slightly obsessed with England, so yeah…
If you guys want to hear some more tunes for rainy days, or just see what I’m listening to, you can look me up on Spotify. I have a rainy day playlist there too, if you want to check it out!
Happy Friday and I hope you all have a sunny weekend!